Cube School Le Chesnay-Rocquencourt
Preschool for children aged 3-6
Cube School Le Chesnay-Rocquencourt, rue de la Celle, 78150 Le Chesnay-Rocquencourt
Director : Flora Belot
Enrolment : Alice Moir
Tel : +33(0)1 40 09 98 95
Mobile : +33(0)6 35 71 60 94
Wi School in Chesnay-Racquencourt welcomes children aged between 3-6 years old to an international, bilingual environment.
The school is located in a recently renovated space within an apartment residence. Children benefit from a calm environment and spacious, private garden.
Number of classes: 1 class
Pedagogical Approach: Bilingual Montessori
Number of children: 35
Age of the children: Four mixed age classes : 3-6 years old. Mixed age classes foster imitation, collaboration, and helping one another
Surface of the premises: 200 m
School days: – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, from 8.20 am to 4.15/30 pm
After-School Care: every day from 4.30 to 18.30 pm
Meals: provided on site, lunch box possible.
Extra-curricular workshops: every Wednesday from 8.30 am to 6.00 pm
School holidays campus: during all school holidays (except Christmas)
Bilingualism in immersion: School curriculum delivered by English-speaking and French-speaking teachers. The children learn the language progressively, without using translations or pure language lessons. Children are learning English or French by repeating daily activities with an English or French-speaking educator who only speaks his or her native language.
Learning workshops: Theoretical classroom lessons are systematically applied in the learning workshops.
Evaluation: Individual support and monitoring of each child, 2 annual reviews per year with each family.
The school allows each child to fulfil his or her own potential thanks to our individual approach. Since not all children have the same needs at the same time, we must listen to them, pay attention to their needs, and take their own rhythm and personality into account. They can be involved in their own development through experiences they select themselves in a suitable environment.
“Explore to Learn», the educational programme of the school, fosters 4 key learning factors: Attention, active involvement, feedback, and knowledge reinforcement. It is based on an active learning method: the Montessori approach with activities divided into 4 themes (practical life, sensory life, mathematics and language) and many activities in science, art, cooking as well as concrete projects carried out by the children.
- Development of global motor skills
(motor skills exercises and team games for modern coordination),
work on fine motor skills
(exercises on gripping, preparing the hand to handling pencils)
- Development of concentration
- Understanding the codes of his or her culture
- Developing social skills
Help me to do things by myself: becoming autonomous
- Differentiating and identifying concepts by using all sensory abilities (touch, smell, etc.)
- Abstract concepts materialised by setting them apart (by naming the concept), ranking them (comparison, grading), and generalising them (in their environment)
- Accumulation of mental images (concrete representations of shapes, sizes, colours, etc.)
- Refinement of the artistic sensibility
- Help with orienteering in the immediate environment
Indirect initiation to botanic, geography, arts, history, sciences, language, and mathematics.
Autonomy, independence –
Self-esteem, confidence –
Adaptation to the environment –
– Socialisation and collaboration
– Development of logical thinking
– Development of intelligence
- Development of vocabulary
- Symbolic representation of graphemes and phonemes
- Expression of the child’s personality
- Accessing culture via a common code
- Total reading: Long individual process allowing the child to progress to expressive and enjoyable reading
Direct preparation to culture
- Sensory representation of various concepts
- Perfect knowledge of numbers from 1 to 99
- Awareness of the concept of the number zero
- Knowledge of the decimal system
- Preparation to big mathematical operations
- Accumulation of mental images
- Mental arithmetic
Direct preparation to logical thinking and development of the understanding of mathematical concepts
New technologies are included in the school curriculum for all children.
- For children aged 2 to, Coding in English: Screen-free activities selected and invented to initiate your children to technology, coding, and logic.
- For children aged 6 to 12, an external specialist comes in to carry out on-screen programming activities with the children that have been invented and selected purposefully to initiate your children to technology, coding, and language (mainly Scratch programming language)
These activities also foster the development of many more skills: the ability to apprehend abstract concepts, to solve problems, to think logically, mathematics, and vocabulary.
Application Fee : 150 €
Registration Fees : 450 €
Tuition : 6.540€
Lunches: 990 €
Workshops : 390€/atelier/an
Vacation workshops : 275€ par semaine
*Workshops : 4 days per week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 4.30-7pm
- To confirm enrolment : 4 months tuition paid in advance.
- Monthly direct debit.
- For external students (children not attending school), see workshopsprices for Wednesdays and during school holidays
Any question ?
For any information or making an appointment, please fill out the form below, specifying the age of your child, our director Frédéric Merlaud will be happy to answer you as soon as possible.